No one is more qualified to teach a course on working from home then Melinda F. Emerson, America’s #1 Small Business Expert. As a thriving entrepreneur, Melinda has been working from a home office for over 20 years. As an expert on small business development, her strategies on how to set yourself up to work from home with extraordinary results is a game changer!
The Small Biz Lady’s advice is widely read reaching more than 3 million entrepreneurs each week. As a former columnist for The New York Times, and Entrepreneur, Melinda is also frequently quoted by other media organizations including: The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, MSNBC and Fox News. Forbes magazine named her one of Top 10 Tech and Business Experts for 2017. She is a contributor to Inc., Essence and Black Enterprise. She is an expert on what it takes the start a successful small business, go-to-market strategy, and social media selling and now, how to successful work from home. Melinda is the bestselling author of Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months, 2nd Edition and the eBook How to Become a Social Media Ninja, and her latest book Fix Your Business
What will I get from this course?In this course, Melinda shares golden nuggets of advice essential to successfully create a productive, successful home office. In this course you will learn the essentials to setting up your office, dynamic scheduling, tips for collaboration, healthy ideas for staying focused, and more. She will also coach you on how to set realistic expectations and goals. Melinda will deep dive into technology and offer apps and tools that will maximize your success. Finally, Melinda shares exciting and surprising tips on how to work from home as the new normal while juggling the balls with family responsibilities.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone who is working from home
- Anyone who is now is working from a remote office
- Anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Anyone interested in increasing their productivity
- Anyone interested in growing their existing business
- Small business leaders looking for help with working from home
- Those entrepreneurs who are ready to take the leap and build a successful small business.
- Anyone currently working another job and considering branching out on their own.
- Lesson 1: Overview
- Lesson 2: The Pros
- Lesson 3: The Cons & Challenges
- Lesson 1: Setting Up a Great Workspace
- Lesson 2: Getting the Proper Equipment
- Lesson 3: Apps & Services for Support
- Lesson 4: 15 Work From Home Apps for Productivity - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Keep a Daily Routine
- Lesson 2: Know Your Optimal Work Hours
- Lesson 3: Be Transparent About Your Availability
- Lesson 4: Use VIDEO Chats
- Lesson 5: Schedule Breaks
- Lesson 6: Create an End of Day Routine
- Lesson 1: Setting up Your Home Video Studio
- Lesson 2: Proper & Professional Video Conferencing
- Lesson 3: Create a System for Sharing Docs
- Lesson 4: Online Meeting Protocols & Phone Manners
- Lesson 5: Thoughtful Communication - Use Email with Etiquette & Care!
- Lesson 6: Ideas For Networking with Co-workers - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 7: Icebreaker Conversation Starter Worksheet - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Set Boundaries with Family
- Lesson 2: Make Time to Exercise
- Lesson 3: Leave Home Once a Day
- Lesson 4: Prep Lunch in Advance
- Lesson 5: Avoid the Kitchen Between Meals
- Lesson 6: Beware of Burnout
- Lesson 1: Get Creative with Your Schedule
- Lesson 2: Be up Front with Your Boss
- Lesson 3: Stick to a Routine
- Lesson 4: Minimize Interruptions
- Lesson 5: Warn Your Coworkers
- Lesson 6: Plan Breaks with Your Kids
- Lesson 1: Tell Your Team How They Can Reach You
- Lesson 2: Tell Your Team When They Can Reach You
- Lesson 3: Clarify Expectations for Your Team
- Lesson 4: Use Video to Communicate Weekly Updates
- Lesson 5: Conclusion