In this course you will learn strategies to help you create the career of your dreams! Led by genconnectU expert Kim Martin, Kim draws upon this watershed experience to give women the kind of transformative coaching she has received across her impressive career. From executive brand development and professional growth strategy to communication coaching and decision making, Kim has been a trusted advisor to corporate clients and a confidante to executive women across industries and time zones.
What will you takeaway from and learn in this course?
- How to define your personal brand
- Critical career strategies
- Steps to take to create and realize your career vision
- How to build confidence and manage imposter syndrome
- How to build strong and meaningful relationships in and outside of the work place.
- How to build, grow and maintain your network.
- Advice and steps on how to improve your listening and writing skills
- Introduction - Overview of Course
- Lesson 1: Having A Career Vision Is Essential!
- Lesson 2: Define Your Personal Brand
- Lesson 3: Every Interaction Matters
- Lesson 4: Be a Lifelong Learner
- Lesson 5: Toot Your Own Horn!
- Lesson 6: Intro to Career Exercises
- Lesson 7: 5 Steps to Creating a Career Vision Exercise - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Relationships Inside & Outside of the Company
- Lesson 2: Peers and Internal Influencers
- Lesson 3: Building Industry Relationships
- Lesson 4: Building, Growing and Maintaining Your Network
- Lesson 5: Create Your Data Base
- Lesson 6: Critical Tools and Advice
- Lesson 7: 3 Keys to Career Success: The Pieces of PIE (Harvey Coleman)
- Lesson 1: Seems Easy? Not!
- Lesson 2: How To Actively Listen
- Lesson 3: Confirm What You Heard
- Lesson 4: It Pays to Listen
- Lesson 5: Download an Active Listening Exercise - Follow the Link Provided
- Lesson 1: Writing Matters!
- Lesson 2: Be An Authentic Speaker!
- Lesson 3: Zoom and Virtual Platforms
- Lesson 1: Managing Your Emotions
- Lesson 2: How to Ask for Feedback
- Lesson 3: Receiving Feedback Without Getting Defensive
- Lesson 4: Receiving Feedback - Part II
- Lesson 5: Sharing Valuable Feedback
- Lesson 6: Sharing Valuable Feedback - A Personal Story
- Lesson 1: Gossip Sinks Careers!
- Lesson 2: Perfectionist Behavior
- Lesson 3: Beware of Egocentrics and Narcissists
- Lesson 1: Integrity, Authenticity, and Vulnerability
- Lesson 2: Personal Story
- Lesson 3: Team Players Get Ahead!
- Lesson 4: Women Support Women
- Lesson 5: Positive Attitude Necessary
- Lesson 1: The Imposter Syndrome
- Lesson 2: Managing the Negative Self-talk
- Lesson 3: Wonder Woman Saves the Day!
- Lesson 4: Six Steps to Managing Imposter Syndrome - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 5: Career Strategies - Tip Sheet - Downloadable PDF