Captain Sandra Yawn is a world renowned captain in the yachting industry with over 28 years of experience. Yawn’s love for the ocean propelled her to achieve the highest status as a mega yacht captain in a male dominated industry. Her dedication and attention to detail has earned her an outstanding reputation in an elite class of captains as the recipient of the prestigious Distinguished Crew Award for the International Super Yacht Society in 2006.
What will I get from this course?
In this course you will learn lessons to strengthen your leadership style. Sandy will tell her personal stories and define the qualities that make up a great captain and overall leader. You will gain insight on how to hire and manage teams and how to delegate tasks. Sandy will encourage you to create a strong leadership framework so that you can find solutions to the most difficult problems and situations that arise. Understand how to navigate clients to ensure top-level customer service and maintaining your “cool.” As an exciting element to the course, you will learn about Sandy’s favorite destinations and her go-to travel advice.
Who should take this course?
Anyone interested in strengthening their leadership style.
People who want to hear stories and gain advice from a world renowned captain and leader.
Those looking to uncover their values and to further develop their communication skills.
People who work in stressful and/or high intensity environments and are eager to lead with authenticity and strength to ignite change and ensure a positive workplace.
- Introduction to Captain Sandy Yawn
- Lesson 1: My Story
- Lesson 2: Qualities of a Captain - "Assistance Not Resistance"
- Lesson 1: Essentials in an Employee - The Right Attitude
- Lesson 2: Tip Sheet – How to Hire & Manage Your Team (Downloadable PDF)
- Lesson 3: Delegating - Letting Go and Trusting
- Lesson 4: Winning Mindset - Bring in the Fun Factor!
- Lesson 5: Tip Sheet – Keep a Winning Mindset! (Downloadable PDF)
- Lesson 1: Don’t Take Your Eyes off the Prize! & Ensure Training
- Lesson 2: Providing Five Star Service
- Lesson 3: How to Be a Good Leader
- Lesson 4: Tip Sheet – Pearls of Wisdom from Captain Sandy (Downloadable PDF)
- Lesson 5: How to Navigate Problems & Find Solutions
- Lesson 6: Problem-solving Exercise (Downloadable PDF)
- Lesson 1: Inheriting Your Team
- Lesson 2: Meeting Management
- Lesson 3: No Tolerance Vs Teachable Moments
- Lesson 1: Fire at the Red Sea! - Identifying the Problems
- Lesson 2: Fire at the Red Sea! - Finding the Solutions
- Lesson 3: Training Matters
- Lesson 4: Managing Stress and Delegating
- Lesson 1: When the Client Is Difficult - Have the Courage to Have the Conversation
- Lesson 2: Setting Expectations of Your Team
- Lesson 3: Navigating Your Client - Communication Is Key!
- Lesson 4: Daily Practices to Ignite Positive Attitudes
- Lesson 1: Spain, the South of France, Italy, Greece & Beyond!
- Lesson 2: Travel Advice and Chartering
- Lesson 1: Ways to Plug in after a Big Job
- Lesson 2: Aspirations to Legacy
- Lesson 3: Finding Balance - Regardless of Your Career
- Lesson 4: I Am Captain Sandy - Who Are You?
- Lesson 1: On Bravo and Why?
- Lesson 2: Flexibility and Following Your Passion!
- Lesson 3: Epilogue