Communication is a skill. And like a muscle it takes time to strengthen. At Bespoken, we believe everyone has the power to be a confident and engaging communicator. This webinar gives participants actionable tools to engage an audience of one or many. It is designed to ingrain effective communication skills for the long-term. Participants are shown how to shape and share stories while learning practical tools that will help them manage professional relationships and improve executive presence.
What will I get from this course?
Identify unconscious behaviors such as qualifiers, fillers and apologies that may be undermining your authority.
Command a room and tell stories that are engaging and effective.
Improve active listening and collaboration skills.
Gain ownership over your unique communication style.
Harness the power of tone, breath, physicality, and diction to communicate effectively with a wide-variety of stakeholders.
Defuse nerves associated with public speaking, presenting and challenging conversations.
Build executive presence through strategic implementation of vocal and physical choices.
Who should take this course?
Entrepreneurs and professionals at any stage of their career, from junior staff to the C-Suite. Appropriate for employees at start-ups and established corporations alike.
- Introduction: Course Overview
- Lesson 1: Outspoken/Direct
- Lesson 2: Quiet/Reserved
- Lesson 3: Personality Versus Communication Style - Intro to PDF in Lesson 4
- Lesson 4: Communication Style Questionnaire - Downloadable (PDF)
- Lesson 5: Working Outside In
- Lesson 6: Working Inside Out
- Lesson 7: Playable Actions - Downloadable (PDF)
- Introduction: Chapter 2 Overview
- Lesson 1: Being on Your Spine
- Lesson 2: Eye Contact
- Lesson 3: Breathing from Your Diaphragm
- Lesson 4: Making Sound from Your Diaphragm While on Your Spine
- Lesson 1: Make It a Story
- Lesson 2: Establish Your Relationship to Each Major Thought in Your Presentation
- Lesson 3: Practice as If You’re in the Space
- Lesson 4: Best Practices
- Lesson 1: Chapter 4 Overview
- Lesson 2: The Voice of Men Vs. Women
- Lesson 3: Set Yourself up to Succeed in Imbalanced Environments
- Lesson 4: Advocate for Yourself with Fact-based Wins
- Lesson 5: Self Advocacy Tips - Downloadable (PDF)
- Lesson 1: Are You a Good Listener?
- Lesson 2: Active Listening Assessment - Downloadable (PDF)
- Lesson 3: Illustratration Exercise Through Dictation
- Lesson 4: Listen to Understand Instead of Learn
- Chapter 6 Overview
- Lesson 1: Qualifiers
- Lesson 2: Fillers
- Lesson 3: Apologizers
- Lesson 4: How to Get the Just Not Sorry - the Gmail Plug-in
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Identify Potential Trouble Spots in Advance
- Lesson 3: Get out That Smartphone
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Work to Attain a Balance Between Warmth and Strength
- Lesson 3: Employ Mindfulness
- Lesson 4: Advocate for Others