In this course, Steve Rosenbaum gives us an in-depth understanding of what curation is, what it means to be a curator and how curation affects the world around us. Steve shares his best tips on how to become a successful curator or content entrepreneur while giving us a detailed history of user generated content and curation. He shares his thoughts on what platforms are the most impactful, moral and legal implications of curation, fake news and why curation is such an important part of the online culture.
What will I get from this course?
- A deep understanding of curation, its history and how it became the business that it is today.
- Expert advice from the “Father of Curation” on how to utilize curation and become a successful curator or content entrepreneur.
- The moral and legal implications of curation, and why these are so important to the industry.
- What social media and video sharing platforms will be most impactful when it comes to curated material.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone who wants to become a curator.
- Anyone who is already a curator and wants to learn more about the industry.
- Individuals who are running a website or editorial organization and want to include curation in your practice.
Want a little sneak peak into the course?! Take a look at the lessons that are a part of the free trial to get a taste of what the course is like!
- Lesson 1: Definition of Curation
- Lesson 2: What we learned from Time Magazine, Readers Digest and Cable TV-.mp4
- Lesson 1: UGC & Curation - A Powerful Model
- Lesson 2: UGC Part 2
- Lesson 1: Consumer Feedback
- Lesson 1: About.com & Scott Kurnit & Pete Cashmore & Mashable
- Lesson 2: How to be a Content Entrepreneur - 3 Essential Rules
- Lesson 1: Curating Video – A Powerful Audience Magnet
- Lesson 2: Niche Media to Attract Big Brands
- Lesson 1: Key words - Excavating For Gold
- Lesson 1: Plug Ins - Word Press
- Lesson 1: Finding the Right Voice
- Lesson 2: Influencing with Authenticity
- Lesson 1: YouTube - How Impactful Is It
- Lesson 3: Amazon - Amazon Video Direct
- Lesson 2: Facebook - The Solution to Video Discovery
- Lesson 1: Moral Implcations
- Lesson 2: Legal Impications
- Lesson 1: From Fake to Awake
- Lesson 2: Why Curation Matters
- Lesson 1: Closing Comments