In this course, Dr. Jay Kumar adapts for the workplace principles detailed in his popular book Science of a Happy Brain. Businesses often talk around happiness, instead using terms like satisfaction, well-being and engagement. By not specifically measuring, addressing and nurturing happiness, businesses bear the costs in terms of lost productivity, employee absenteeism and turnover, higher insurance rates, missed opportunities, and reduced profits.
With this in mind, Dr. Jay utilizes scientifically proven insights, exercises and techniques—adapted from cutting-edge research in brain science and behavior—to transform the way you and your team think and work. He is the Director of Contemplative Practices and Wellbeing at Chapman University and holds a Ph.D. in cognitive studies and Eastern religions, and an M.A. in international political economy with a concentration in international business.
As a renowned thought leader and public speaker, Dr. Jay counsels organizations and businesses on harnessing the art and science of happiness for both short- and long-term success. Clients across the globe—from lean startups to large corporations—have benefited from his highly effective, easy-to-learn and scientifically proven insights and techniques.
What will I get from this course?
Humanize your organizational messages and actions in a larger context.
Unlock the brain’s ability to build social connections and trust among teams, co-workers, customers and other stakeholders.
Identify opportunities for creating deeper, more meaningful relationships.
Using brain science, learn how four fundamental strategies can help you promote happiness in the workplace and, ultimately, your bottom line.
Discover how to align business, brand strategy and management styles to boost how you engage key audiences.
Whether customers, employees, vendors, or other stakeholders, develop methods and approaches that make key constituencies enthusiastic about your company and its products and services.
Create passionate members of your “Brand or Company Tribe.”
Find ways to transform the people who matter most to your success into champions and advocates who make your company—and your products and services—stand out in the marketplace.
Who should take this course?
Individuals interested in tapping into happiness to reach their full potential at work.
Business leaders who desire to nurture happiness in themselves and their employees.
Line managers interested in more effectively connecting with and motivating their teams.
HR managers and leaders aiming to improve employee engagement and satisfaction.
Brand managers and marketers interested in improving customer satisfaction.
People involved in internal and external communications who want to create more compelling messages.
Purchase Dr. Jay Kumar's book, Science of a Happy Brain: Thriving in the Age of Anger, Anxiety, and
- Lesson 1: Strategies for Coping During Crisis and Uncertainty
- Lesson 2: The 4Cs to “Be Adaptive, Not Reactive” - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: The Pursuit of Happiness
- Lesson 2: Why Invest in Happiness?
- Lesson 3: The Social Brain
- Lesson 4: What Is Happiness?
- Lesson 5: Tools Inherent for Happiness & Success - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 6: From Stress to Success - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Survival Versus Happiness
- Lesson 2: Overcoming Nature’s Brain Wiring
- Lesson 3: SAD versus HAPPY Brain
- Lesson 4: Real Threats VS. Perceived Threats - Controlling the Uncontrollable Exercise (Downloadable PDF)
- Lesson 1: Pleasure Is NOT Happiness
- Lesson 2: The Pursuit of Money OR Meaning?
- Lesson 3: The Inevitability of Change - Overcome SAD to Accept Change (PDF)
- Lesson 1: To Tribe Is to Thrive
- Lesson 2: Your Brain’s Need for Connection
- Lesson 3: Trusting Your Social Brain
- Lesson 4: The Happiness Equation - To Tribe Is to Thrive (PDF)
- Lesson 5: Why Trust Matters to YOU - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Fostering a Work Culture of Comfort
- Lesson 3: Sense of Psychological Safety
- Lesson 4: Collective Trust Improves Creativity, Innovation, and the Bottom Line
- Lesson 5: Article - Lessons from Google: 5 Ways to Create Psychological Safety
- Lesson 6: Article - Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace
- Lesson 7: Article - High-Performing Teams Need Psychological Safety. Here’s How to Create It
- Lesson 8: Creating Personal Rituals and Establishing Trust in the Workplace - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: ConTRIBEution
- Lesson 2: Your Need to Feel Needed
- Lesson 3: Psychological Rewards
- Lesson 4: Your Primary Needs Exercise - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: Our Age of Disconnection
- Lesson 2: How Connection Manifests in the Workplace
- Lesson 3: Connection Generates Innovation - Connection (PDF)
- Lesson 4: Connecting Outside the Box - During COVID-19 - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: In a Crisis, We Tribe
- Lesson 2: Making Kindness Contagious
- Lesson 3: Compassion Creates Your Happy Brain
- Lesson 4: Acts of Compassion in the Workplace - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 5: Happy Brains Make Happy People