Lisa Mercurio is the creative force behind the marketing and development of some of the most successful arts and entertainment events to strike over the past two decades. A former senior entertainment executive, she developed the launch strategy behind multi-platinum recording artist Andrea Bocelli, Michael Flatley’s Lord of the Dance, Josh Groban and the world-renowned “Three Tenors” concert (debut version, 1991). She has executive produced many recording and television projects including Leon Fleisher’s historic return to the concert stage, “Two Hands,” and guided the development of the multiple platinum, classical music lifestyle series, “Set Your Life to Music.”
What will I get from this course?
In this course you will learn all about how to make it in the music business. Lisa Mercurio will give you the ins and outs of the industry to set you up for success. Whether it be uncovering and defining your unique talents or how to develop your exciting talents, this course highlights the major points for creating a successful career. You will learn the initial steps when starting your career and dive into the broader topics such as collaboration and marketing. Learn how to utilize your existing relationships to benefit you and your career, as well as how to find and create new ones to help you get there.
Who should take this course?
Anyone interested in a career in the music industry.
People who want to hear stories and gain advice from an entertainment executive.
Those looking to uncover their hidden talents and to further explore their passions.
Anyone interested in the process of making music and the steps it takes to make it big!
- Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: The Three T's Needed to Make Music
- Lesson 2: What Defines Talent?
- Lesson 3: Are You “The Next?”
- Lesson 4: Examples of “the Next” Artist Who Made It
- Lesson 5: Finding Your Gifts - PDF Introduction
- Lesson 6: Where Do You Fit In? - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: The Dirty Secret of the Music Industry
- Lesson 2: What Do You Do?
- Lesson 3: The Magic of the Song
- Lesson 4: Be an Outliner… It’s More than the Music
- Lesson 5: Are You an Outliner? - PDF Introduction
- Lesson 6: Are You an Outliner Star? - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: The Mystery of Talent
- Lesson 2: How to Develop Your Talent
- Lesson 3: My Network - PDF Introduction
- Lesson 4: Identifying Your Network - Downloadable PDF
- Lesson 1: The Golden Rule
- Lesson 2: Timing Is Everything
- Lesson 3: Filing a Void - Andrea Bocelli
- Lesson 4: What’s My Timing?
- Lesson 1: Practice, Process
- Lesson 2: Moving Forward with Collaboration
- Lesson 1: The Magic of 3 Minutes
- Lesson 2: The Magic of the Hook
- Lesson 3: The Demo
- Lesson 1: Marketing as a Musician
- Lesson 2: DIY and When to Let Go
- Lesson 3: Social Media is a Musicians Best Friend
- Lesson 4: Technology is Your Friend
- Lesson 1: Finding Corporate Support to Scale
- Lesson 2: When and If You “Should Get a Deal”
- Lesson 3: Agent, Managers and Publicists - When and Who
- Lesson 4: Tastemakers and Critics
- Lesson 1: Lisa Mercurio, The Music Doctor