Vice President, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
About the instructor
Carolyn Everson is Vice President, Global Marketing Solutions at Facebook where she leads the company’s relationships with top marketers and agencies for all of Facebook’s family of apps including Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger. Carolyn oversees a team of regional leaders, and the teams focused on global partnerships, global agencies, global gaming, and the Creative Shop.
Prior to Facebook, Carolyn was the Corporate Vice President of Microsoft’s Global Advertising Sales and Trade Marketing Teams. Carolyn also spent seven years at Viacom. Her last role was as Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President of U.S. Ad Sales for MTV Networks, where she oversaw strategic planning, operations, and finance for MTVN’s U.S. Ad Sales department. Prior to Viacom, Carolyn held roles at Primedia, The Walt Disney Company and Accenture Consulting.
Carolyn has been named to AdWeek’s “AdWeek 50” since 2013. In 2015, she was named to the top of Business Insider’s list of the Most Powerful Women in Advertising, and she has been named a “Woman to Watch” by Advertising Age. Carolyn was twice included on Fortune’s “40 Under 40.”
Carolyn is on the Board of Directors of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc.; serves on the boards of DonorsChoose, Effie Worldwide, the Mobile Marketing Association, and She Runs It; and is an advisor to Luma Partners. She is the Chair of We Day, United Nations, which encourages and supports young people who are creating transformational social change. Carolyn is a member of the 2017 Class of Henry Crown Fellows within the Aspen Global Leadership Network at the Aspen Institute.
Carolyn holds a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts and communications from Villanova University, from which she graduated Summa Cum Laude. She also obtained a master’s degree in business administration from Harvard Business School, where she was a Baker Scholar. Carolyn also received an honorary doctorate from Mount Saint Mary’s University. Carolyn is a member of the Villanova University Board of Trustees, and a trustee of The Montclair Kimberley Academy. She resides in Montclair, New Jersey with Doug, her husband, and Taylor and Kennedy, their twin daughters.
What is enlightened leadership? How can you infuse enlightenment into your daily work practice to increase profitability and positive outcomes? Why are empathy, vulnerability, authenticity and intellectual curiosity important skills to infuse into your work and home life? Vice President of Global Marketing Solutions at Facebook, Carolyn Everson, shares how she uses enlightened leadership to shape and motivate her winning global marketing team.
This course will help you become a more powerful, productive and overall happier leader by learning and implementing an enlightened leadership mindset. In turn, you will deliver better value to the people whom your business serves. This course also talks about women leadership, qualities in a leader, lessons you can learn from Facebook’s culture and important lessons Carolyn has learned throughout her career from working at some of the largest media and technology companies in the world.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Discover and fine-tune the most important qualities you need to practice as a leader
- Learn how to build incredible teams
- Gain tools to use in writing a yearly vision and how to really implement them
- How to seek and lean into career paths and opportunities
- Explore ways to find mentors, sponsors and “personal board members"
- Watch how to become a better “salesperson” through seeing intentions
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who works in a team environment
- Business leaders seeking tools to motivate and inspire productivity and scalability
- Anyone seeking goal searching tools to improve their business and overall wellbeing
- Anyone who is seeking the power of vision writing
- Women in leadership positions
- Women looking to break into the technology field and aren't necessarily "coders"
Want a little sneak peek into the course?! Start the free trial and watch Lesson 1: Qualities of an Enlightened Leader and download the bonus worksheet,"Looking Within" to get started.
- Lesson 1: Be Open
- Lesson 2: The FUEL Secret Sauce at Facebook - Be the Extraordinary Version of Yourself!
- Lesson 3: Facebook’s Carolyn Everson on Connecting at Scale (Article published in strategy+business)
- Lesson 4: Carolyn Everson is the charmer behind Facebook's ad offensive (Article published in Campaign)
- Downloadable Worksheet (PDF)