For most communications professionals, today’s 24-hours news cycle is overwhelming. For Alexandra Trower, it’s exhilarating. Trower, Executive Vice President of Global Communications at Estée Lauder Companies (ELC), thrives in this new media environment. In this course, Alexandra opens up about the challenge of advancing and protecting the reputation of the Estée Lauder Companies while creating the future of prestige beauty. She uncovers how the Lauder family drives long-term sustainable growth focused on quality, integrity, and creativity. Throughout the course, Alexandra discusses topics that include: her career path and her role in communications, her approach at ELC, Alexandra and ELC’s core values and key challenges, giving back and igniting change, the evolution of the media and the importance of social platforms, work-life balance, advice for others, mentorship and more.
What am I going to get from this course?
- An overview of how to be successful in the communications industry
- Passion and breakthrough tips into the world’s leading prestige beauty company
- Insightful advice you can use
- Knowledge of how to overcome challenges
- A deep understanding of working across demographics and diversity
- You will learn how you can be authentic, provide value and make your voice heard
- Authentic and effective approaches to teamwork
Who is the target audience?
- Those interested in communications and/or high-level business positions
- Those wanting to break into the marketing of beauty brands
- Communication experts of all experience levels.
- Journalism and communication students new to the workforce.
- Anyone seeking advancement in the communication field.
- Females who seek inspiration and ways to uncover their core values and self-expression
- People passionate about making a difference and driving change
- Lesson 1: From the Copy Room Up!
- Lesson 2: The Estée Lauder Companies – A Pinnacle Career Change
- Lesson 3: Family Is Everything
- Lesson 1: The Impact of Education
- Lesson 2: The Importance of Giving Back
- Lesson 1: Making Inroads as Women
- Lesson 2: The Estée Lauder Companies’ High-Touch Approach
- Lesson 3: Listening Through Social Media
- Lesson 4: In the Age of Social Media
- Lesson 5: The Power of Influencers
- Lesson 1: Being Authentic - The Value of Self-Expression
- Lesson 1: Working with Millennials and GenZ
- Lesson 2: Inclusion & Diversity in Products and the Workplace
- Lesson 3: Working in a Global Market
- Lesson 1: The Acquisitions
- Lesson 2: Common Thread Across the Brands
- Lesson 1: Ending Breast Cancer
- Lesson 1: Breaking into The Beauty Industry